Making a shared Library in Using Command Prompt and adding assembly to Global Assembly Cache:
- First of all go to Command Prompt to make Strong Name.
- Now make a dll as instructed in Use a DLL in C#, after making now go to properties of it and click on Signing.
- Check the option "Sign the Assembly" and Choose a strong name using Browse.
- Go on the directory where you made the Strong name and select that strong name, We have made it by default at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC.
- Go to debug of your Project, a dll will be made.
- To make it Shared again go to Command Prompt
- Goto the Directory of Debug of your dll by copying its address and pasting it on command prompt.
- Now Write Command "gacutil/i [dll name].dll" as we write gacutil/i ClassLibrary2.dll